Kinvara men’s shed held its inaugural meeting in September, which generated a hugely positive response from men of all ages. The biggest question asked on the night was – What is a Men’s Shed? A Men’s Shed is a place where all men, regardless of age, background, or ability:
• Can comfortably use and pass on their practical skills and knowledge.
• Learn through doing stuff together – each man is a teacher and a learner, each having different levels of skills, professional and practical, to share collectively.
• Can come together and help out in their communities.
• Can just come and have a chat and a cuppa if that is all they’re looking for.
• Can talk about things that are important to them, and can improve their own wellbeing by keeping physically, mentally and socially active.
We are actively looking for a premises in the village, if anyone owns, or knows of a shed (or old building/house) that could be suitable. Please contact us on 085 7565484.
We will be holding another meeting in October – please keep an eye out for posters or like our page on Facebook – Kinvara Men’s Shed.