Kinvara Community Council Meeting, Wednesday 19th October 2016

Present:

See sign in sheet. Apologies from Emer O Donnell and Eilish Kavanagh

 

Minutes:

the minutes from the previous meeting were read and agreed.

 

Matters arising from the Minutes:

Richard said that the Bay should be clean in months not years. Maria said that the Tidy Towns have planned a project taking samples from the waters in the Bay before and after the Sewage treatment plant starts working. Joe said that sampling is ongoing. Maria said that the Insurance company should be asked about the Defibrillator group before joining KCC as a subgroup. Joe said that the US town of Scituate were now talking to Cork as there was no uptake here. Joe said in response to the Green being replaced that the contract is being revised to allow for the retention of the Green. Also the streets will be left in a better condition than before the works. He said that the Green will be discussed as part of the Traffic Management Plan and so will the traffic crossing at Londis. The entrance to the St Josephs car park has been corrected.

 

Tidy Towns:

Geraldine Blackwell suggested planting low shrubs to smother the weeds, she will send us a list of suggestions

Liz said that Gordon Darcys painting is valuable and should be protected. Paul said we should ask Stephen to give us the disc with the photos of the Board. Liz said we should ask Gordon for permission to copy and display his work outdoors out of courtesy.

 

Update on St Comans:

Maria reported that as the Structural Report states that the gable is in danger of collapse the Heritage group wants to progress the saving of the Church building. There will be a public meeting on November 14th int he Courthouse. Joe said that the residents need to be informed about our group. Also the Heritage Officer and the Conservation Officer need to be informed.Joe said we should notify Monuments Office now even if we don’t know ownership. Stan said that legislation may be needed to declare ownership. Joe said contact Dept of Arts Heritage and Gaeltacht. He will make enquiries. Paul said it is incumbent on us to preserve the church.

 

Tree of Hope:

The plaque still needs to be worded. Gerhard suggested just stating Hope and then all discussed it and agreed Tree of Hope should be written on the plaque.Angela will contact the person who did the metal plaques for the Tidy Towns to get a price.

 

Markings in the Community Centre Carpark:

Gerhard said that the Childrens Centre were asking if yellow lines could be put onto the Fire Drill area as people were parking there. Liz suggested putting a sign on the cars saying don’t park here. Gerhard will talk to Dominic about this. Maria will send Gerhard his email address.

 

Climbing Bars in Hall:

Maria will ask Geraldine to email the PE teacher the Badminton club the Youth Club and Kasia and ask them to come together to discuss what can be done that everyone is happy with.

 

Rent for I.C.A.:

The ICA group now have 17 paid up members and they used to have 2 hours weekly at 10e per hour but when they have craft evenings it is 3 hours. They need to employ  Tutors and will hope to run courses which will make money. They meet Tuesday evenings and as they are a new group they don’t have any money. Angela said that if costs only were paid for now that would be 20e per month. The group are happy with that and it will be reviewed in six months time.

 

Any other business:

Liz Murphy said that Antisocial Behaviour outside her mothers house including broken glass has been occurring and she suggested that Pubs be asked to give plastic glasses to people who wished to drink outdoors. A suggestion was made that at Festival time plastic glasses could be used.Also an old man was seen being headbutted. Maria will write to GAA/Kinvara Utd/Camogie Club saying please remind young people to be respectful to people and property when celebrating.

 

The next meeting of Kinvara Community Council will be held on Wednesday  23rd November at 8.30pm.